I Like You America Head Scarf

The fabric made me do it!  I mean, really, what else could you possibly do with “I Like  America” fabric?!

So, here’s what I did for a kid size head scarf:

You’ll need:
two 16×8 inch rectangles of fabric. . . contrasting colors would be nice.
1 yard of bias tape
thread (duh).

1. Cut two 16 x 8 inch rectangles of fabric (you can mess with the sizes here. . just make sure the long side = 2x the short side).

2. Cut out triangles. . . there’s lots of ways to do this, but I find folding the fabric in half and using my rotary cutting mat’s triangle guides the easiest.

3. With Right sides together, sew the short sides of the triangle together.

4. Turn right side out and press.

5. Sew bias tape across the raw edges.

6. Wear with pride!

About these ads

About Carrie @ Rhubarb Sky

I am a mama, wife, writer, educator, artist, knitter, activist, cook, loudmouth (not necessarily in that order). I enjoy making things with my own two hands, backpackin, running, red wine, good food, reading, writing, playing, and being with good friends. I blog a little. . . I love a lot.
This entry was posted in Creative and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I Like You America Head Scarf

1. Shannon says:

I believe the question is What could you NOT do with ‘I love you America’ fabric? Seriously, whoever designed that is a genius.

2. Shannon says:

Excuse me, “I LIKE you America.” Which is just so, so much better.

3. Pingback: Tutorial: Easy head scarf · Sewing @ CraftGossip

4. Anne Weaver says:

So cool!! I posted a link to your tutorial at Craft Gossip Sewing: http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-easy-head-scarf/2009/07/02/
    –Anne

5. I think you might be one of the coolest people I know. Fo rilla.

6. Rachel says:

Aww, this is so cute. What a fun way to stay festive. I found this via a link on Craft Gossip. I’d love to link to it as well if you didn’t mind.

7. heather says:

cute cute cute… it’s like you live in a 70′s thrift time warp out there!

8. This is adorable. I think I will make one today for my daughter to wear at 4th of July picnic’s and BBQ’s tomorrow! Thanks for the great tutorial!!

9. sarah says:

making two of these as we speak! the girls are so excited. thanks for the tutorial… (came from the crafty crow)

10. Pingback: Happy 4th! « Rhubarbsky