Then, 36 hit and I felt tired and crabby and didn’t WANT to make a new list. And then when I turned 37, I figured I had to really finish up the 2 previous lists before I made a new one. . .
I did a few of the big ones on my lists in the past few months. I got to do Theo’s Chocolate Factory tour right near my 37th birthday. We took Abby to see the Nutcracker this last Christmas. Last fall, I FINALLY got through peeling a whole apple in one big long curlicue piece. We got to 1st AND 2nd beaches.
A biggie for me though, was blowing glass. When I was little, I saw a Mister Rogers episode that showed a guy blowing glass and I’ve wanted to try it ever since. I put it on my list almost 2.5 years ago and I finally, FINALLY got to do it today.
After being able to cross off a few more items from those two lists, I felt inspired to consolidate my old lists into a new one. I don’t think I’ll be adding anything else right yet, but this might be new motivation to get going on some and let go of others. That nudie calendar opportunity sort of dried up. . . I’d still do it, maybe, but the whole thing changed directions a few years back. Also, the Master Food Preserver program isn’t offered in my county anymore. :(.
The updated list with a few tweaks:
- Take the damn Forks Twilight tour already.
Visit the Woodinville Whiskey Micro-distillery.
- Play Bingo at a place where they take it really *really* seriously.
- Witness some firedancing.
- Become a Master Food Preserver (or take some sort of preserving class).
- Enjoy the Salon of Shame!
- Knit slippers for me, Tom and Abby
- Audition for a musical (or play).
- Pose kinda nude-ish for a calendar that raises awareness/funds for Breast Cancer Research.
- Eat at Delancey
- Make the quilt that I had in mind for the couple that got married in the summer of 2007.
- Go see the roller derby or the more local derby.
- Finish my darn sweater.
- Make the dang Waldorf doll I’ve had in mind for um, 5 years.. . . (it’s been nearly *8* years now. perhaps it’s time to let go of this and focus on helping Abby make a doll or some sort. . . )
- Make cheese.
- Transform something mundane into something extraordinary.
I feel like some people may argue that I’ve done that last one, but I like leaving it hanging. . . seems like a good goal to keep trying to attain over and over again.