I went for a walk while Tom was mowing which left Abby and a buddy in the kitchen on their own. By the time I got home, they were knee deep into creating a popup business on our sidewalk selling iced graham crackers.
Here’s the gist of what they did.
MAKE YOUR OWN FIRE-CRACKERS
1. Make your favorite icing. (The girls told me they did about 2 cups powdered sugar to 3 tbs water to start).
2. Take some out and color it blue. Do another cup of red.
3. Dip half a graham cracker into the white.
4. Drip a tiny drop of blue or red in the middle of the white.
5. Drag a toothpick from the center out to the edge of the white and repeat.
That’s it! The girls sold a dozen of these and likely ate that many too. I was pretty proud of their entrepreneurship, motivation and creativity.
Abby used A Beautiful Mess’ photo editing app right on my iPhone to make that first image and asked me to post it to facebook to advertise their sale.